Copyright for photographers
On 27 April 2017, the Belgian Federation of Professional Photographers is organising an information session on copyright for photographers.
Bart Van Besien, attorney at the law firm Finnian & Columba, will discuss the following topics:
- How can you enforce your rights as a photographer? How to react to infringements?
- When can you use pictures for advertising campaigns or for your website?
- Are you allowed to use photos in news media?
- What about pictures on social media?
- What are the rights of Facebook on pictures published on its platform?
- What is the value of legal disclaimers used in stock image databases?
- How can you protect your images as a photographer, artist or architect?
- Can you claim a compensation for damages in case of use of your pictures without prior permission?
- What are image rights or portrait rights?
- How about Creative Commons licences?
- Are there any restrictions to the use of pictures of buildings or people?
You can subscribe via the website of the Federation of Professional Photographers.
Date: 27 April 2017 at 7.30 PM
Location: Willebroekkaai 37, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Leave a Reply