IT & e-commerce
We can help you with legal advice and assistance on any of the following topics relating to media law:
- Contracts in the media and entertainment industry: for instance, negotiating and drafting of contracts for (co-)productions, licensing agreements, distribution agreements, contracts for authors, actors, directors, screenwriters, etc.
- Government licenses for radio and television broadcasters.
- Freedom of expression and press freedom.
- Advertising law, product placement, practical advice for marketing campaigns, sponsorship agreements, etc.
- Media pluralism and market concentration.
- Legal assistance for journalists, including on the protection of journalistic sources and journalism ethics.
- Privacy law: for example, what can you actually do when your name is mentioned on radio, television or the newspapers? We also assist public figures on e.g. the protection of their privacy in the media.
- Reputation management, libel and defamation: how to defend your name and reputation in the media or on the internet?
- Right to be forgotten (or the “right to erasure”): we have a proven track record of success in submitting removal requests with Google and other internet companies (requests to remove a link to your name in the search results of search engines).
- Procedures before the Flemish Media Regulator (VRM) and the Press Council (journalism ethics and deontology).
- Right of reply.
- Portrait rights or image rights.
- Copyrights in the media and entertainment sector.
- Opinions and advice on the legal protection of databases.
- Opinions and advice on the tax aspects of copyright transfer and copyright royalties.
- Opinions and advice on the legislation regulating the use of drones.
- Procedures with regard to the foregoing topics of media law.