IT & e-commerce
You want to use an internet domain name that is already registered by someone else? You wonder what you can actually do to claim the domain name? At Finnian & Columba, we have years of experience with negotiations and disputes concerning domain names.
What can we do for you?
- Negotiate the transfer or sale of a domain name.
- Conduct procedures in court or arbitration regarding domain names: We first give you a written opinion (advice) on your chances of success and the costs and risks involved. Based on this first analysis, you can decide whether or not to file a claim, to start negotiations, or to lodge a procedure.
- We have years of experience as attorneys representing clients in domain name disputes, both for the Belgian courts and for national and international arbitration colleges (ADR / UDRP / URS), including Cepani, WIPO, National Arbitration Forum, and the Czech Arbitration Court).
- We also have years of experience as an arbitrator deciding disputes over domain names. Bart Van Besien has been recognized as a:
- Third Party Decider at Cepani (.be domain names);
- Panelist at Forum (National Arbitration Forum – USA) (.com, .net, .org, new domain names, etc.);
- Panelist at the Czech Arbitration Court (.com, .net, .org, etc.);
- Panelist at the “Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Center” (Beijing, Hong Kong, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur) (.com, .net, .org, etc.).