Lien Van de Kelder is a lawyer and certified mediator in Belgium. She founded, in 2017, together with Bart Van Besien (attorney at law), the law office of Finnian & Columba. Previously, Lien had been working several years as an attorney, as a corporate lawyer at Deloitte, and as a public official advising the Belgian government on intellectual property law. Lien has a separate career in media and music, and a solid legal and practical knowledge of these sectors.
Lien studied law at KU Leuven, the University of Antwerp, and Universié Montpellier I. She graduated cum laude in Intellectual Property law at HUB.
Lien can help you in the following branches of the law:
- Intellectual property: copyright, neighbouring rights, trademarks, image rights, design rights, software protection, protection of know-how and trade secrets, IP portfolio management, licensing agreements, and “droit de suite”.
- Internet & media law: domain names, advertising law, freedom of expression, right of reply, right to be forgotten (removal requests), libel and defamation (reputation management), legal opinions and contract negotiations for media companies, authors, directors, producers, actors, etc.
- Advice and contract negotiations for the creative sector: writers, artists, photographers, musicians, actors, performers, television and film producers, game developers, software developers, web designers, publishers, architects, designers in various industries such as fashion, furniture, toys, etc.
- Photography and the law: including taking action against unauthorised use of pictures online, clearing of locations for photo shoots (copyright and freedom of panorama).
- Mediation: Lien Van de Kelder is a certified mediator in civil law and commercial law. At Finnian & Columba, we firmly believe in mediation as an effective way to settle disputes.
- Sports law: including contract negotiations and portrait rights.
- General contract law.
Lien works fluently in English, Dutch and French. She also has knowledge of German.
Contact Lien Van de Kelder:
- tel: +32 15 29 42 57